Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on selling VW camper conversion please

Finlay

Finlay

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
I know this is a California specific forum but I wondered whether folk might have experience in this area. Due to a change in circumstances I am considering selling my T6.1 van bought new in March. I have never sold a car privately and feel rather anxious about it. Thank you.

I know this is a California specific forum but I wondered whether folk might have experience in this area. Due to a change in circumstances I am considering selling my T6.1 van bought new in March. I have never sold a car privately and feel rather anxious about it. Thank you.
They are in demand so i would try WBAC (Webuyanycar), Ebay and Auto Trader. Ebay ad is a lot cheaper than AUTO TRADER. You need full payment cleared in your account before releasing the vehicle.

Is it a van or a camper conversion? If it is a conversion, is it a diy or professional job?

Always try autotrader, Rolling Homes may take it back, but likely for less money than you can sell it for privately. They are a VW approved converter so you should t have any issue selling it.

Ebay is great. Costs approx £14 for 30 day Classified Ad; unlimited text, so you can give full description, service history & large photos which will help weed out a lot of timewasters (just refer them to the description).

You could try WBAC, but there are other companies who buy in vehicles.
You could try the Converter.
Find a local Caravan/Motorhome dealer who may be prepared to put it on their forecourt for sale on commission, or even buy it from you?
Finally as has been mentioned eBay, Autotrader etc.

I have seen a few sold on the T6 forum, you may want to consider joining and advertising it on there.

Left it a bit late to try to sell my T2, so am hoping it will go in the spring. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the new Cali. Running out of room on the drive! Anyone out there looking for a 2013 T2?

Left it a bit late to try to sell my T2, so am hoping it will go in the spring. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the new Cali. Running out of room on the drive! Anyone out there looking for a 2013 T2?
I would just list it now and see how you get on. Demand is still very strong.

2013 T2?

Yup it's a Brazilian T2. Last year of manufacture in Rio. Have loved it, but now loving the Cali.
Thanks for the advice GrannyJen and Ch1pbutty.

Back