Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Acquiring kit for a new van

1431c30003_0101_01.jpg

A GSI Bugaboo set for me!
Came in a bag so all fit together and are kept in cupboard with kettle...also in a bag!
Truth be known....
1 I loved the thought of a 'bugaboo' set
2 only one handle....sorted that problem....

We stock this pan set if your interested. They are £45 + P&P they do have removable handles (but very good quality one) and don't rattle around at all when packed away. We use them personally and find them very good :thumbView attachment 10226
Looks really well designed! Another option for when our current ones wear out. Do they come in blue?!

Please dont ask about filling up with water, the debate last time raged for months, with one group insisting on fully sterilised lab conditions & the other group using any old bit of garden hose!!:).
Maybe a question a week that gives me chance for maybe 30 questions before a T6 shows up so good chance we can get onto water fill ups!:happy

We have one of these sets. Bought it many years ago when we were tent campers and it's stayed with us ever since. I don't think anything we have purchased over the years has lasted this long. A great bit of kit still going strong. Don't think Tefal still make them now though so not much help but it goes to show how good kit stands the test of time

We stock this pan set if your interested. They are £45 + P&P they do have removable handles (but very good quality one) and don't rattle around at all when packed away. We use them personally and find them very good :thumbView attachment 10226

Like the look of this, but couldn't find a link on your website. Do you have one? Thanks

I just use regular pots and pans like the ones at home .
With those detachable handles i can't work , two pots on the coocker , very time switching from one to another ....:headbang
Than just the thought of the handle coming off the pot with pasta sauce while moving from coocker to table ....sauce all over the Cali....
Not me , only propper pots and pans!
Each there own , mine the best....:D

Last edited:
Either pot noodles or the pub down the road.

Saves all that washing up.

When on hookup we have an induction hob. So no aluminium or non ferrous pots and pans. Only use gas when not on ehu.

We use Tefal ingenio. I love the versatility of silicone covers which we use as pan lids, splatter guard, and bowl covers. The added bonus is they don't rattle in the cupboard and take up very little room

Ditto here though ours are blue. Have had ours 6 years since we bought the cali and they've been brilliant. The coating on the inside has starting wearing off now though and they're starting to stick. Or so the missus tells me!

Sent from my Galaxy S6
Have the same, pans are great unlike the handle, comes off easily, we are paranoid that the Pan will fall and spill. This is the reason we are looking for a new set! Although we have managed with them for 6 years!

Aldi or Lidl recently had pans with detachable handles. We bought a deep straight sided frying pan sized pan. About 12" diameter with straight sides about 3". Nonstick aluminium so lightweight and quick to heat up. If you're just snacking, also makes a useful salad bowl.

Worth looking out for when they have them in again.

£55K for a van !!!

Dozen items, all made in France not China (good or bad ;) ?) Top quality, I didn't think it was overly expensive ..... clearly I brought a set. Buy good, buy once

£54 for a 3 pan set seems reasonable to me. Thanks for the advice.

another vote here for a Tefal Ingenio set. Much cheaper bought in France - you just need to set off on holiday sans pans and hold your nerve that you'll find what you want on the way :)

I'm afraid to say that we went for Magma nested pans, 10 piece ceramica non stick..v pricey, but satisfyingly weighty and a pleasure to cook with and a breeze to wash up.

Oh and the blue almost matches the van!

I'm afraid to say that we went for Magma nested pans, 10 piece ceramica non stick..v pricey, but satisfyingly weighty and a pleasure to cook with and a breeze to wash up.

Oh and the blue almost matches the van!
Heavy stuff that, we use it at home. If someone broke in you could use it for self defence too!

We have one of these sets. Bought it many years ago when we were tent campers and it's stayed with us ever since. I don't think anything we have purchased over the years has lasted this long. A great bit of kit still going strong. Don't think Tefal still make them now though so not much help but it goes to show how good kit stands the test of time

We have these too! Lasted 15 years so far and handily the storage bag also fits at least 4 enamel plates.

We used our 7 piece pan set for the first time last night on the front in Exmouth to cook lamb gosht curry (from scratch) with rice. The pans are not the heaviest but we didn't experience any sticking or burning (even when browning the meat). In fact they worked flawlessly and were super simple to clean afterwards :thumb (I should know I washed up).SAM_9333.JPG SAM_9339.JPG SAM_9340.JPG SAM_9380.JPG

I'm also really happy with my new joseph joseph draining board. No more soggy tea towels as draining boards for us :D.
I have currently sold out of the pan sets now but will be placing an order for more this week if anyone wants a set :thumb just give me a call on 07739508050

Back