Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ABS, ETC and tire air pressure lights are lit on console.

A

AKBOB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We jusr recently returned from our first trip of the season. After driving over 100 miles these lights came on. They were a bit sporadic but now are pretty much on. Looked in the manual and read that it should go to a service provider. Any ideas what it could be? Just so I have an idea when talking to the technician.

We jusr recently returned from our first trip of the season. After driving over 100 miles these lights came on. They were a bit sporadic but now are pretty much on. Looked in the manual and read that it should go to a service provider. Any ideas what it could be? Just so I have an idea when talking to the technician.
ABS sensor, probably on one of the rear wheels.

ABS & ETC is normally a wheel sensor. Easy & cheap to get fixed.

Indirect TMPS for tyre pressures would also use the wheel sensor, as counts rotations to check for pressure loss. Not sure what system is used on a Cali. If your tyre pressures are fine then likely to be wheel sensor.

Thanks for that, it has sat awhile and things may have frozen up. Good to know.

Indirect TMPS for tyre pressures would also use the wheel sensor, as counts rotations to check for pressure loss. Not sure what system is used on a Cali.
T5 / T6 have only ever had indirect TPMS using the wheel speed sensors to count rotations.

T6.1 - Direct TPMS with tyre valves that send the pressures directly is an upgrade option with the Indirect the standard fit.

Indirect TMPS for tyre pressures would also use the wheel sensor, as counts rotations to check for pressure loss. Not sure what system is used on a Cali. If your tyre pressures are fine then likely to be wheel sensor.
Not always “ easy & cheap”. If they are corroded in place then they can be very difficult and time consuming to remove.

Not always “ easy & cheap”. If they are corroded in place then they can be very difficult and time consuming to remove.

Decent garage with the right tools & experienced mechanic will have them off in no time. Just stay away from VW!

Agree....same issue. Got fed out with it in the end and swapped it out in 10min in the rain. Bought a Bosch one from AutoDoc.... VW want £95 for them (that is some markup).

5min on the VCDS told it me it was the NSF ....again £150 if VW was to tell me that

Decent garage with the right tools & experienced mechanic will have them off in no time. Just stay away from VW!
4Motion can be a little more time consuming.

Why WG? 8mm bolt / little wiggle and hey presto - you do have to take the wheel off

Why WG? 8mm bolt / little wiggle and hey presto - you do have to take the wheel off
If only. After 127,000 miles and 10 yrs they didn’t respond to a little wiggle. Had to be removed piecemeal , both rears although only one had failed so I had both changed as the likelihood of the other side failing is high.

Arghhhh.....yes sometimes a simple job can be a bugger....been there and got the tee shirt

Back