Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About a race track… Circuit de Reims-Gueux

calibusje

calibusje

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Here's something that might be fun and informative to read about a race track with history and fascinating races since 1926, located in the Marne department, Champagne province, France.
About 12 years ago I visited the stands of Circuit de Reims-Gueux for the first time and I met some people from 'Les amis du Circuit de Gueux' (Friends of the Gueux Circuit). They talked passionately about their plans for the circuit and gave me a brochure and some stickers from their association. It was then not at all what it is nowadays: the renovating of the existing buildings was still at an early stage. I sometimes read something about the circuit, here, on other forums or on various Facebook pages, and I always think back happily to the times I have been there.
Every time I went there, a little more was restored and each time with respect for how it was. I saw the old buildings come back to life and sometimes in my head I try to imagine the sounds and smells of that time. Yet it is quiet when you walk around among the buildings and other remains. Yes, I like coming there. That's why I want to pass this on to other people who are interested or curious about this old circuit.
Since the beginning of this year, a new association has been chosen by the municipal council of Gueux to take on the management of the site and further restoration; they are called 'Circuit Reims Gueux Passion Légende' consisting of the founding members of 'Les Amis du Circuit de Gueux'. There would be an event in 2026 (centenary of the race track), organized by them and the municipality.
I would recommend everyone passing through to stop there and soak up the atmosphere of the past and, perhaps with your eyes closed, imagine the racing cars of the past racing by, the cheering audience and the busy mechanics. However, they are no longer there and I personally think that the area provides a certain peace while you walk around, worth experiencing.

info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reims-Gueux

Are there any members here who have a place they like to return to while on holiday? And if so, would you like to share this? I'm genuinely curious.

Greetings
Calibusje

Some photos from our stop in summer 2022, the fifth time we visited this special place.
1713897041935.jpeg

1713897333409.jpeg

1713897172907.jpeg

1713897208883.jpeg

1713897245986.jpeg

1713897274646.jpeg

1713897298441.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh yes, it’s possible to pretty much drive the original circuit, notwithstanding the roundabout after the pits and the major road stretch on other side of the circuit…..

And here comes Hawthorn to win his first GP after a close fought battle with Fangio…..1953

Superb place.

Here's something that might be fun and informative to read about a race track with history and fascinating races since 1926, located in the Marne department, Champagne province, France.
About 12 years ago I visited the stands of Circuit de Reims-Gueux for the first time and I met some people from 'Les amis du Circuit de Gueux' (Friends of the Gueux Circuit). They talked passionately about their plans for the circuit and gave me a brochure and some stickers from their association. It was then not at all what it is nowadays: the renovating of the existing buildings was still at an early stage. I sometimes read something about the circuit, here, on other forums or on various Facebook pages, and I always think back happily to the times I have been there.
Every time I went there, a little more was restored and each time with respect for how it was. I saw the old buildings come back to life and sometimes in my head I try to imagine the sounds and smells of that time. Yet it is quiet when you walk around among the buildings and other remains. Yes, I like coming there. That's why I want to pass this on to other people who are interested or curious about this old circuit.
Since the beginning of this year, a new association has been chosen by the municipal council of Gueux to take on the management of the site and further restoration; they are called 'Circuit Reims Gueux Passion Légende' consisting of the founding members of 'Les Amis du Circuit de Gueux'. There would be an event in 2026 (centenary of the race track), organized by them and the municipality.
I would recommend everyone passing through to stop there and soak up the atmosphere of the past and, perhaps with your eyes closed, imagine the racing cars of the past racing by, the cheering audience and the busy mechanics. However, they are no longer there and I personally think that the area provides a certain peace while you walk around, worth experiencing.

info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reims-Gueux

Are there any members here who have a place they like to return to while on holiday? And if so, would you like to share this? I'm genuinely curious.

Greetings
Calibusje

Some photos from our stop in summer 2022, the fifth time we visited this special place.
View attachment 122391

View attachment 122397

View attachment 122392

View attachment 122393

View attachment 122394

View attachment 122395

View attachment 122396
Which size is that box on your cycle carrier?
I keep thinking about buying one but they are very pricey.
Would you say it is good value?

Which size is that box on your cycle carrier?
I keep thinking about buying one but they are very pricey.
Would you say it is good value?
Hi, yes: for us it is good value. It's the fiamma ultra box 320. I bought it second hand years ago (for 50 euro) and made adapters for mounting on the bicycle rack (at the bottom and at the back). We take it with us on longer trips, especially in the summer: we put lighter, voluminous things in it, such as bath towels, beach toys for the children, basketball for the daughter, small outdoor table for the children, sun mats and the like. When empty, the tailgate remains open and when full, we use a U-profile to keep it open: it works perfectly. We previously also used this box on our T4 Westfalia.
I would say: look for a second-hand one, the prices are a bit more pleasant.

1714313396226.jpeg
U-profile in aluminium to keep the tailgate open.

Last edited:
Hi, yes: for us it is good value. It's the fiamma ultra box 320. I bought it second hand years ago (for 50 euro) and made adapters for mounting on the bicycle rack (at the bottom and at the back). We take it with us on longer trips, especially in the summer: we put lighter, voluminous things in it, such as bath towels, beach toys for the children, basketball for the daughter, extra small outdoor table for the children, sun mats and the like. When empty, the tailgate remains open and when full, we use a U-profile to keep it open: it works perfectly. We previously also used this box on our T4 Westfalia.
I would say: look for a second-hand one, the prices are a bit more pleasant.
Thank you.

I will keep my eyes open for a second hand one.

Back