Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Service Schedule

F

Flintymutt

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I’ve had my 6.1 since Nov 21 and done 18,000 miles. My servicing should have been set to Longlife but I’m not sure it is. First oil change came up at 9,300. Second just done and as I got home after the last one, checked and it saying another oil service at 9,400 miles. I’m pretty sure it’s not set to Longlife despite Breeze telling me it is. My mileage is mainly motorway.

Anyone else have a similar regime who is on Longlife?

182B109A-348B-4AAE-BE95-BB0B73410C85.jpeg

I dont know about long life but our first oil service also came up at just over 9k. I was a bit surprised. Next service is looking like 23,000 miles.

Our first service was flagged at about 12500 miles, which was just under two years old. The dealer was happy to just do an oil change and leave the full service for around 20,000 miles but I opted for the full service.

The correct term is 'Variable service interval' which means that the ECU etc. compute when the next service is due at a mileage totally to the type of usage that your vehicle has with the overriding limit of two years between services.
So if your vehicle is used most days for decent trips getting to full working temperature (90 degrees) it will call for a service at a much greater mileage than if it just pops down to the shops on rare occasions and a holiday once or twice a year.

The correct term is 'Variable service interval' which means that the ECU etc. compute when the next service is due at a mileage totally to the type of usage that your vehicle has with the overriding limit of two years between services.
So if your vehicle is used most days for decent trips getting to full working temperature (90 degrees) it will call for a service at a much greater mileage than if it just pops down to the shops on rare occasions and a holiday once or twice a year.
That’s what’s not right. Knocking out 15,000 miles a year up and down motorways. Very rarely ‘pop down to the shops’.

That’s what’s not right. Knocking out 15,000 miles a year up and down motorways. Very rarely ‘pop down to the shops’.
You are right, it doesn't sound right. Get a fellow forum member with VCDS or similar to have a look how the service interval figures are set up.
My current van is a T6 now with 73000 on the clock and variable service interval. This has usually reached about 22000 before calling for a service although I've now started changing the oil more frequently at about 15000.
I use VCDS to reset the service interval figures as I do my own servicing and always have since it was new.

Back