Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2000w inverter???

Prez

Prez

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, has anyone fitted a inverter to their cali,
Thinking of purchasing one, where would a good place to fit one.

What do you want to power with this inverter?
The 2 leisure batteries are 150 Ah in total. And 2000 watts requires about 170 amps of current. The batteries will not last very long.

Last edited:
My wife likes her coffee, pixie nespresso machine & her dyson air wrap,you no what women are like when they go away

As already said. You will wreck your batteries going up to 2000W inverters are power hungry and very inefficient . If your on ehu just plug the air rap thing and coffee machine into the 240v socket. If not have a different coffee and frizzy hair

As already said. You will wreck your batteries going up to 2000W inverters are power hungry and very inefficient . If your on ehu just plug the air rap thing and coffee machine into the 240v socket. If not have a different coffee and frizzy hair
Thanks for all info, back to the drawing board

We use aeropress, a percolator on the gas, and caffitierre.
For the hair we time this with the EHU at a site.

This is interesting. @studioTUNGSTEN How do you recharge the unit? Same solar panels you use for the leisure batteries or some other method?
From the vans 12v - 3-4 hrs.
From the main 230v when hookup connected - 1 hr.
You can use while its charging too.
Solar option is one of the future list when free to go oversea.

It's possible to alter the nespresso-machine to work at a much lower wattage (700w) that will allow you to use it with a 1000 watt inverter. There are people who can do this for you, or you can DIY.

These people sell pre-altered nespresso-machines (it's aimed at truckdrivers, etc). The website is in Dutch but google translate does a good job.

I have a tutorial that I found online once (not written by myself), that describes how you can DIY. It's also in Dutch, but if anyone is interested I can try and find some time to translate it to English.

It's possible to alter the nespresso-machine to work at a much lower wattage (700w) that will allow you to use it with a 1000 watt inverter. There are people who can do this for you, or you can DIY.
Or even smarter build or find 12v one. And don't heat the air converting DC12v to AC240v and then back to DC12-30v again which most devices do.
Easiest diy would be finding the one with similar working voltage from a power supply and throwing away PSU and simply dc-dc converting it with low losses.
We carry 800watt puresin inverter. And use it very rarely.

Back