Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

£24,000 for Euro 6 engine?..

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I spent the time to price up what I have now but in a T6. It came out at £62,000 !!! I reckon Zebedee is worth about £38500. So the only difference is the engine and 20,000 miles of fun filled motoring. Based on those figures it pays to hold onto it as long as I ever can and buy a little runabout when Charlotte gets to the age to drive / Bo Jo brings in the ultra low emission zone.

Has anyone else taken the time to do this?

Zebedee

I have done the same comparison and arrived at pretty much the same number, slightly lower, £22,000 ... less whatever I could get as a discount.

Have done the same sums and for me it confirms our original plan to keep the van for the longer term (even if the running costs increase in older age) It confirms also we bought at the right time (2012) for us given how much the cost of a new California has increased since then and how little the money if invested would have not increased.

Good thread Zebedee.
My van is now 3 years old and had considered a px. I am not sure what a dealer would offer, but i feel I should get £25k for my van currently if sold privately. However replacing this van for new with the spec I'm after, is looking around £42k for another Beach.
As I only paid £34k for my 2012 Beach and it's been reliable, I'm thinking about keeping it.

Just out of interest, New Wave Conversions completed a fantastic conversion on a new panel van and have it for sale £53k...!!!
:eek:

I bought my well cared for and 'fully loaded' 2011 SE in March with less than 30k miles with a saving on new of around £20k when compared to a t6. I could not justify to myself the extra cost. £20k buys a lot fuel/site fees etc